The Ebbe Subfloor Lowering Kit is used to quickly and easily lower a subfloor between the joists for a barrier free shower, Curbless shower installation.
Perfect for I-Joists because you install the bracket on top of the I-Joist.
Brackets need to be spaced at a maximum of 36″ to achieve L/360 with a live load of 40PSF and a dead load of 20PSF.
You supply the 2×4 lumber that will sit on the brackets. We recommend structural grade 2 or better douglas fir, larch or pine.
If your subfloor is thick, trim the 2×4 so the subfloor is flush with the joist.
– Kit will lower your floor up to 24 SF
– Quick install avoids joist penetrations and need for web stiffeners
– Wall brackets can be adapted to be used at joists
– Contains 15 Joist Brackets and 6 Wall brackets
– Kit contains 75 wood screws and 36 Joist hanger nails
– 2×4 and subfloor material not included
– Use of subfloor adhesive at hanger seats recommended